Be a tutor
The Tutor Team was founded by Dr Janet Rose who has been working as a successful tutor for 12 years. She has worked with a number of agencies during that time – some good, some dreadful. Janet asked herself what type of agency she would want to work for and how she would like to be treated as a professional tutor. She decided that the key principles were mutual respect, decent rates of pay (paid promptly), the right to refuse work, easy management of student lessons and support from friendly office staff. Then she founded The Tutor Team to reflect those principles.
• We introduce expert self-employed private tutors to discerning clients, in order to facilitate tutoring online or face to face
• We offer above-average rates of tutor pay, paid promptly at the end of the month
• We collect fees from clients on your behalf, which saves you the difficulty of collecting money after lessons and the problem of chasing late payments
• We give you access to your own online dashboard which allows you to manage your lessons, your own calendar and enables you to see exactly what you will be paid by the agency each month. This is Tutor Cruncher, our tutor management software
• Whist tutoring will be your own self-employed business, we will give you friendly advice and efficient support if you run into difficulties or are concerned about a student
What we look for in a private tutor:
• You will need a good degree in your subject. A higher degree (Masters or PhD) is not essential but will be an advantage
• You will need to have a current DBS or be willing to apply for one
• We will ask for 2 references
• We look for experience of working with young people. Being a trained teacher is not essential but will be an advantage for GCSE and A-level tutors
• We look for people who are reliable and have a conscientious approach to tutoring
• We interview every candidate. This is by preference face to face but can be by Skype
To apply: please upload your CV to Tutor Cruncher and complete your Tutor Cruncher profile. We will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.